The Village of Silver Creek was named for the clear and sparkling little brook that twists and zigzags nearby. The town was platted by the Union Pacific Railroad Company in November 1866. Among the earliest settlers in and around Silver Creek were the Shaw Brothers, Mr. Lathrop, J. & Ed Howland, and James Brown. The railroad built a section house along the railroad route for their purpose and use. The first building built after the section house was the Lee House Hotel, built by Cyrus Lee. Thomas Lee then built a dwelling house, and building has not stopped since. Come and see how we have grown.
For additional information, contact:
Silver Creek City Office
Carol Alexander, City Clerk
P.O. Box 6
Silver Creek, NE 68663 Phone: 308-773-2348